March 1, 2019
10 Quota Crushing Sales and Marketing Alignment Statistics
“The leads from marketing are junk,” says sales. “Sales can’t close to save their life,” says marketing. On and on it goes as the two teams responsible for driving growth bicker. If only sales and marketing were in alignment. It’s possible. More and more organizations are putting in the time to align their revenue teams – and it’s worthwhile. We’ve compiled ten statistics that show why sales and marketing alignment is important. More than just a nice to have, it’s a must-have for consistent quota crushing teams that move the top line.
1) 61% of B2B marketers send all leads directly to sales; however, only 27% of those leads will actually be qualified. (Source: Marketing Sherpa)
2) 63% of teams without alignment report an inability to calculate marketing ROI (Source: Hubspot 2018 State of Inbound)
Are you sales and marketing teams aligned? Click here to take the assessment.
3) 58% of aligned teams say sales and marketing alignment improves customer retention. (Source: LinkedIn)
4) 78% measure alignment through revenue growth. (Source: LinkedIn)
5) Companies with Sales & Marketing alignment are 67% better at closing deals and drive 209% more revenue. (Source: Marketo)
6) B2B organization’s with tightly aligned sales achieved 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth. (Source: Wheelhouse Advisor)
7) Decreased sales productivity and wasted marketing efforts due to misalignment costs $1 trillion a year. (Source: Hubspot)
8) Highly aligned organization’s average 32% YoY growth while their less aligned counterparts see a 7% decrease. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
10) Misaligned sales and marketing can cost companies 10% of revenue every year. (Source: Kapost)