November 15, 2018
Why Lake One
You’ve got plenty of options to choose from when beefing up your marketing capabilities. When you’ve made the decision to get some outside help, it can sometimes be hard to tell the difference between all the consultants, agencies, and firms.
When I started Lake One, I thought about my experiences as an in-house marketing and sales leader. I remembered the experiences with partners that stuck and the ones that stuck in my craw.
Between the two, they shaped our values, process, and differentiators as we continue working to be a different kind of marketing partner for growth driven brands that have a diverse mix of experiences and resources in-house.
Our Core Values
Our core values are the foundation behind our modern marketing manifesto. Dripping all over that manifesto that drives our process, is a set of beliefs that extend beyond the work we do, to the culture we live including:
- Outcome Driven – We relentless pursue outcomes. We’re not bound by hours or scope, while we understand those things are important to put up directional boundaries for our business relationship together. We value our clients’ business as if it were our own (see why we’re different below). As a result, we’re willing to be flexible and adjust as we need to and as the market, data and program performance guide us.
- Embrace Failure – We understand that marketing is a long game. As a result, we embrace the failures because we realize behind all the hockey-stick growth success stories out there are a string of failures and determine marketers and entrepreneurs who kept moving forward adjusting as they went.
- No Jerks – in 2004 Stanford professor Robert Sutton wrote a Harvard Business Review article that would become the basis of a bestselling book. The premise of all of the writing is building a civilized workplace and surviving one that isn’t. We spend a lot of time with the relationship we build in business and at work. They should be good ones that build us up and don’t tear us down.
- Solve Problems – part and parcel to being driven by outcomes and embracing failure, LakeOners are problem solvers. We seek perpetual learning by not being afraid to say, “ We don’t know the answer to everything, but we can help you find a solution to that problem.” Be wary of people who say they have all the answers. In digital marketing, where the landscape is shifting constantly – it’s impossible to have all the answers.
Everyone has a process. And everyone thinks their process is the bomb dot com. But we’re pretty fond our approach to building a plan of attack, getting your marketing and sales stack up and running and operating marketing programs that are consistent but also flexible to your business needs and insights from data we’re seeing from marketing activity and market feedback. Here’s our process at a high level.
The Digital Marketing Plan – Build your FieldGuide
Leveraging Lake One’s modern, measurable process, we’ll research and document a plan to grow awareness, drive demand and increase prospect contacts for your organization. Putting your organization’s ideal customers at the center of our content, messaging and channel strategy.
The Sales & Marketing Technology – Build your Basecamp
Once we have a plan to attract and convert demand, we’ll work with the rest of your team to identify the best sales and marketing stack to support the handoff of marketing opportunities including documenting a sales & marketing SLA and identify right-sized technology like marketing and email automation and CRM.
Demand & Pipeline Activation – Marketing Sprints
Marketing sprints are the ongoing, 90-day campaigns implemented to attract, convert and nurture prospects all the way through the buyer’s journey. We provide support from program and project management all the way to full campaign execution and implementation depending on your internal resource capacity and needs.
How We’re Different
With values and process in place, at the end of the day, our difference from other agencies and consultants comes down to three uniques.
- We believe marketing is a business partner in growth: deep inside us is a belief that marketing is best served when it is viewed as a business partner, not an order taker. Our values and our process are structured to always drive business forward, uncover insights and align to your goals, not chase shiny objects.
- We act like owners: don’t take our word for it – see what our clients have to say. We truly value our clients’ businesses as if they were our own. The wins, the losses, we feel them all alongside you.
- Capabilities of an agency, flexibilities of a consultant: We’re structured in a modern way, not bound by traditional agency thinking. Every time you call us and email, the clock isn’t ticking. We also are focused on keeping our overhead low while still building a rockstar team of marketers to drive your growth without the bloated rates.
If you like what we’re all about and are interested in learning more, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us today!